Sunday, 23 January 2011
- Rescue after car goes over cliffTwo young women are rescued from the sea after their car goes over a cliff at a Cornwall beauty spot late at night.
- Fuel 'could rise' to £8 a gallonIncreased taxes and rising crude oil prices could soon push the price of fuel to as much as £8 a gallon, a motoring group has warned.
- Pedestrian seriously hurt by carA 61-year-old man is seriously injured after being hit by a car in Rutherglen, South Lanarkshire.
- Motorists hit hard by insurance risesMotorists have been hit with steep rises in car insurance premiums after the average policy went up by £210 last year, the AA has said.
- Teenager injured in police car collision An independent investigation was under way today after a teenage pedestrian was hurt in a collision with a marked police car as it responded to an emergency call, a senior officer said.
- Tesco face massive bill as unleaded pump puts out diesel TESCO are facing a huge bill after their unleaded petrol pumps at a store accidentally gushed diesel.
- Transport Minister: New de-icer is better than salt on roads but costs 12 times more A LIQUID that can keep open roads covered with snow and ice in temperatures as low as -20C is to be used in Scotland.
- Door-to-door taxi service for centre patients is saved AN UNDER threat transport scheme which takes thousands of patients to appointments has been saved from the axe.
Bradford Telegraph & Argus
- City chairman cheats death in Bentley crash Bradford City chairman Mark Lawn admitted he was lucky to escape unscathed from a terrifying motorway accident.
- Labour attacks claims that £2m cut will not hit county's highwaysDERBYSHIRE County Council has been criticised for playing down proposed spending cuts to roads and libraries. The council is to make a £39.9 million – or seven per cent – cut to its budget for 2011-2 and has now revealed plans on how it will be done. These include cutting £10.9 million from its children and younger adults department, £12.7 million from adult care and £6.7 million from environmental services, which deals with roads. The authority's chief executive, Nick Hodgson, said the cuts were necessary because of a reduction in its main grant from the Government. But...
This Is Local London Network
- Motorists heeding police drink-drive messageRoad-users are heeding police advice warning them not to drink and drive, according to new figures.
Bucks Free Press
- 'Half of readers using cars less due to petrol price rise'ABOUT half of readers are using their cars less because of rising petrol prices, a poll suggests.
Other Regional Press
- Bad parking hits drivers in pocketParking wardens are to get new powers to punish motorists who double park or block dropped kerbs with their cars. A change in parking laws, which comes into force on February 1, means Leicestershire County Council's parking officials will be able to hand out £70 penalties to drivers who cause obstruction on highways. Currently, wardens in the county can only fine motorists parked on single or double yellow lines and those who have not paid or have overstayed in pay-and-display bays or car parks. At present, police issue fines for obstruction offences such as double parking – when a c...
- F1 team may go public The driving force behind Grove Formula One team Williams F1 is considering floating the business on the stock market.
- Ingham: Car on side in fieldFIREFIGHTERS had to release people from a car after it ended up on its side in a field.
Other News Sources
- FuelcardExpert.com helps cut costsFleet operators nationwide have praised FuelcardExpert.com, the UKs first genuine fuel card comparison site. For the first time, fleet operators including haulage companies have been able to compare discount fuel cards from every major brand. It has proved an immediate success both with operators who are new to discount fuel and those who want to [...]
- Fork Rent chooses Scania and AndoverIpswich-based Fork Rent has increased its delivery capacity by adding two new 26- tonne Scanias to its delivery fleet, each mounted with a bespoke plant body from Andover Trailers. The LPPB 26 beavertail bodies, finished in black paint and measuring 9.3 m by 2.54 m, are designed specifically to transport the types of machinery available [...]
- Fair Fuel UK rules out blockadesBlockades disrupt the supply chain, cost the country millions and inconvenience the general public, according to the Fair Fuel UK Thee Fair Fuel UK Campaigns petition for government to scrap the fuel duty rise in April has gathered thousands of signatures from the general public, motorists and the haulage sector, whose businesses simply cannot absorb [...]
- TruckProtect backs Fair Fuel UK campaignTruckProtect®, the fuel theft prevention specialists is throwing its weight behind the FairFuelUK campaign. We stand shoulder-to-shoulder with our customers and the UK road transport industry in supporting the FairFuelUK campaign, says CEO Russell Fowler. We offer a range of fuel theft prevention products, both for heavy trucks as well as Mercedes-Benz Sprinter and Iveco [...]
Increased taxes and rising crude oil prices could soon push the price of fuel to as much as £8 a gallon, a motoring group has warned.
A LIQUID that can keep open roads covered with snow and ice in temperatures as low as -20C is to be used in Scotland.
The driving force behind Grove Formula One team Williams F1 is considering floating the business on the stock market.
- Saturday, 22 January 2011
- Friday, 21 January 2011
- Thursday, 20 January 2011
- Wednesday, 19 January 2011
- Tuesday, 18 January 2011
- Monday, 17 January 2011
Conferences & Expo's
- Aircraft Interiors Expo - 8/10 April 2014 - Hamburg
- Ballast : Issues and Challenges - 5-6 December 2013 - Paris
- EuroBrake - 13/15 May 2014 - Lille
- Expo Rail - South East Asia - 12/14 March 2014 - Thailand
- Exporail 2014 - 28/30 October 2014 - Moscow
- InnoTrans - 23/26 September 2014 - Berlin
- Light Rail Europe - 1/2 April 2014
- Next steps for UK rail: franchising, investment, pricing and HS2 - 12 Dec 2013, London
- Passenger Terminal Expo 2014 - 25/27 March 2014 - Barcelona
- Railway Forum - 17/18 March 2014 - Berlin
- Railway Technology - 8-11 April 2014 - Corsica
- Railway Telecommunications - 19/21 november 2013 - Amsterdam
- Renewable Energy World Conference & Expo - 3/5 June 2014 - Cologne
- Sea Work - 10/12 June 2014 - Southampton
- The Civil Infrastructure & Technology Exhibition - 20/22 May 2014 - Earls Court 2, London
- Transport Security Expo - 13/14 November 2013
- Transport Ticketing - 27-29 January 2014 - London
- Transports Publics (European Mobility) - 10/12 June 2014 - Paris
- World Congress on Railway Research - 25/28 November 2013 - Sydney
- World Travel Catering & Onboard Services - 8/10 April 2014 - Hamburg
- Britain Better Connected - Labours Transport Policy Review
- Centro (West Midlands Passenger Transport Executive)
- Department for Transport
- European Commission (Transport)
- European Commission, Transport Research Knowledge Centre
- Greater London Authority - Transport
- Merseytravel (Merseyside Passenger Transport Executive)
- Metro (West Yorkshire Passenger Transport Exectutive)
- Nexus (Tyne & Wear Passenger Transport Executive)
- Passenger Transport Executive Group
- Plymouth Transport
- Scottish Regional Transport Partnerships
- South Yorkshire Passenger Transport Executive
- The Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (UK)
- The Chartered Institution of Highways & Transportation (CIHT)
- The Scottish Government (Transport)
- Transport Debate 2011
- Transport for Greater Manchester
- Transport for London
- Welsh Assembly Government (Transport)
- World Transport News in Russian
Bus and Coach
- Aviation Environment Federation
- Campaign for Better Transport
- Fair Fares Now
- Friends of The Earth
- Gatwick Area Conservation Campaign
- Gatwick Can Be Quieter
- HACAN ClearSkies
- London City Airport Fight the Flights
- Save Our Buses
- Save the Train (Wiltshire)
- Stop Stansted Expansion
Friends of TransportInfo
- ASLEF (Associated Society of Locomotive Engineers and Firemen)
- RMT (Rail, Maritime and Transport Union)
- TSSA (Transport Salaried Staffs' Association)
- ATOC (Association of Train Operating Companies)
- Freight on Rail
- Network Rail
- Rail Freight Group
- Railway Study Association
- British Ports Association
- Chamber of Shipping
- Sea and Water
- UKMPG (United Kingdom Major Ports Group)