Train services should be axed to bring down the cost of running the country's railways, MPs have been told.
FREE wireless internet has been launched on trains between the Capital and Glasgow as part of a new £250,000 trial.
Transport bosses are preparing a pioneering scheme to claw back control of bus services in West Yorkshire.
A MASSIVE multi-billion-pound train carriage order will put jobs and investment on track in South Tyneside – despite union warnings over contract delays.
Wednesday, 20 June 2012
- Border roadway set for upgradeThe main road from the Scotland-England border to the central belt is to get a £40m upgrade.
- M74 work to cause delaysDRIVERS using the main motorway route between England and Scotland face travel disruption over the summer as a £40 million upgrade begins.
- Osborne fights plan to ditch 3p rise in fuel duty as Treasury resists demands from PMSenior ministers have voiced concerns that failure to axe the tax rise will damage support for the Conservatives amongst poorer voters.
Other Regional Press
- COGGES LINK: A saga that has run for 27 years THE Cogges Link Road has been a 27-year saga between council planners and campaigners with the aim of solving Witney™s traffic problems.
- Weymouth residents call for review of controversial harbour crossroads CALLS were made today for an independent review into a controversial junction in Weymouth.
- Tuesday, 19 June 2012
- Monday, 18 June 2012
- Sunday, 17 June 2012
- Saturday, 16 June 2012
- Friday, 15 June 2012
- Thursday, 14 June 2012
Conferences & Expo's
- BCN Rail - 1-19 November 2015 - Barcelona
- Bus World - 16-21 Oct 2015 - Belgium
- Eurasia Rail - 3-5 March 2016 - Instanbul
- European Rail Summit - 9-10 November 2015 - Brussels
- Go Smart Go Rail - 28-30 October 2015 - Munich
- Innorail 2015 - 14-16 October 2015 - Budapest
- Innotrans - 20-23 September 2016 - Berlin
- Institution of Railway Signal Engineers ASPECT - 15-16 September 2015
- International Conference on Innovation and Industrial Logistics - 3/4 August 2015 - Paris
- IT Trans - 1-3 March 2016 - Germany
- Rail Industry Forum - 17 September 2015 - London
- Rail Vehicle Enhancements 2015 - 8 October - Derby
- RailPower - 26-27 May 2016 - London
- Real Time Passenger Information - 24 November 2015 - London
- Transrail - 14-15 October 2015 - Paris
- UITP Trolleybus Workshop - 1-2 October 2015 - Turkey
- Urban Transport - 21-23 June 2016 - Crete
- Centro (West Midlands Passenger Transport Executive)
- Department for Transport
- European Commission (Transport)
- European Commission, Transport Research Knowledge Centre
- Greater London Authority - Transport
- Merseytravel (Merseyside Passenger Transport Executive)
- Metro (West Yorkshire Passenger Transport Exectutive)
- Nexus (Tyne & Wear Passenger Transport Executive)
- Passenger Transport Executive Group
- Plymouth Transport
- Scottish Regional Transport Partnerships
- South Yorkshire Passenger Transport Executive
- The Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (UK)
- The Chartered Institution of Highways & Transportation (CIHT)
- The Scottish Government (Transport)
- Transport for Greater Manchester
- Transport for London
- Welsh Assembly Government (Transport)
- World Transport News in Russian
Bus and Coach
- Aviation Environment Federation
- Campaign for Better Transport
- Friends of The Earth
- Gatwick Area Conservation Campaign
- HACAN ClearSkies
- London City Airport Fight the Flights
- Save Our Buses
- Stop Stansted Expansion
Friends of TransportInfo
- ASLEF (Associated Society of Locomotive Engineers and Firemen)
- RMT (Rail, Maritime and Transport Union)
- TSSA (Transport Salaried Staffs' Association)
- ATOC (Association of Train Operating Companies)
- Freight on Rail
- Network Rail
- Rail Freight Group
- Railway Study Association