Friday, 24 February 2012
- Rochdale's £11.5m transport interchange gets go ahead Rochdale will get a new £11.5m transport interchange after a scheme to build it was given final approval by the Department for Transport.
- Buses weigh on Go-AheadNew business in the bus division holds back operating profits as the group struggles to source vehicles and drivers for a programme in Dorset
- Go-Ahead reports 'robust' trading PUBLIC transport giant Go-Ahead said trading was "robust" in the first half of its financial year and it is looking forward to a busy second half for the industry.
- Profits, revenues and volume up for CityBus owner Go-AheadTHE company which owns Plymouth CityBus has announced an increase in revenue, profits amd bus volumes in its half-year results.
Other Regional Press
- Is the sun setting on the city™s bus station?Preston’s bus station will cost £7m to keep running despite Town Hall figures showing it makes a profit.
Bus and Coach.com
- Plaxton reveals high-capacity ElitePlaxton has released an artist™s impression of the high-capacity Elite which it will be building for Stagecoach later this year, with availability for other operators in time for the 2013 season.
- Bus profits support Go-AheadRevenue at the Go-Ahead Group in the first half of it 2012 financial year was up, at £1,199.
Other News Sources
- New travel card scheme to help Londoners with ‘hidden’ disabilities Transport for London is rolling out an travel assistance card scheme aimed at helping Londoners with ‘hidden’ disabilities such as hearing or communication difficulties use public transport.
- Bluestar improves its Winchester-Southampton service COMMUTERS between Winchester and Southampton are to benefit from more buses at peak times.
SCOTLAND’s Transport Minister Keith Brown has not ruled out closing train stations as part of a review on the future of the railways.
Transport operator Go-Ahead has hailed strong growth in its rail division despite a 12.9pc fall in first-half profit.
Transport Secretary Justine Greening heard a plea from the city’s business community to let Birmingham Airport take the strain as the nation struggles to cope with growing demand for air travel.
- Thursday, 23 February 2012
- Wednesday, 22 February 2012
- Tuesday, 21 February 2012
- Monday, 20 February 2012
- Sunday, 19 February 2012
- Saturday, 18 February 2012
Conferences & Expo's
- BCN Rail - 1-19 November 2015 - Barcelona
- Coastal Cities 2015 - 7-9 July 2015 - New Forest, UK
- European Bridge Conference - 23-25 June 2015 - Edinburgh
- European Rail Summit - 9-10 November 2015 - Brussels
- Innorail 2015 - 14-16 October 2015 - Budapest
- Institution of Railway Signal Engineers ASPECT - 15-16 September 2015
- International Conference on Innovation and Industrial Logistics - 3/4 August 2015 - Paris
- Rail Vehicle Enhancements 2015 - 8 October - Derby
- RailNewcastle - 29 June & 17 July 2015 - Newcastle
- Railway Engineering 30 June - 1 July 2015 - Edinburgh
- Transport Practitioners' Meeting - 1-2 July 2014 - London Metropolitan University
- Urban Transport 2015 - 2-4 June 2015 - València, Spain
- Britain Better Connected - Labour’s Transport Policy Review
- Centro (West Midlands Passenger Transport Executive)
- Department for Transport
- European Commission (Transport)
- European Commission, Transport Research Knowledge Centre
- Greater London Authority - Transport
- Merseytravel (Merseyside Passenger Transport Executive)
- Metro (West Yorkshire Passenger Transport Exectutive)
- Nexus (Tyne & Wear Passenger Transport Executive)
- Passenger Transport Executive Group
- Plymouth Transport
- Scottish Regional Transport Partnerships
- South Yorkshire Passenger Transport Executive
- The Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (UK)
- The Chartered Institution of Highways & Transportation (CIHT)
- The Scottish Government (Transport)
- Transport Debate 2011
- Transport for Greater Manchester
- Transport for London
- Welsh Assembly Government (Transport)
- World Transport News in Russian
Bus and Coach
- Aviation Environment Federation
- Campaign for Better Transport
- Fair Fares Now
- Friends of The Earth
- Gatwick Area Conservation Campaign
- Gatwick Can Be Quieter
- HACAN ClearSkies
- London City Airport Fight the Flights
- Save Our Buses
- Stop Stansted Expansion
Friends of TransportInfo
- ASLEF (Associated Society of Locomotive Engineers and Firemen)
- RMT (Rail, Maritime and Transport Union)
- TSSA (Transport Salaried Staffs' Association)
- ATOC (Association of Train Operating Companies)
- Freight on Rail
- Network Rail
- Rail Freight Group
- Railway Study Association
- British Ports Association
- Chamber of Shipping
- Sea and Water
- UKMPG (United Kingdom Major Ports Group)