Driving tests could soon be available from branches of Halfords under plans announced today by Road Safety Minister Mike Penning.
The Government has scrapped plans to sell its 49% stake in air traffic control company Nats. Transport Secretary Justine Greening said it was best for taxpayers, travellers and Nats if the Government retained its shareholding.
Network Rail and train companies have today released more detailed information than ever before about train punctuality, showing passengers the number of services that arrive within a minute of their...
A key rail bottleneck between Peterborough and the east will be tackled by a £3.8 million investment from the European Parliament.
Wednesday, 11 July 2012
- Final tender from CT Plus to run Jersey's buses approved Jersey's transport minister has approved the final tender from CT Plus for the island's public and school bus contract.
- Door-to-door bus service extendedPeople living in rural parts of Ceredigion and Carmarthenshire will have access to a new on-demand bus service from Monday.
- Bus union recommends Games dealBus drivers in London demanding a bonus for working the Olympics are recommended by their union to accept a pay offer.
- Unite urges London bus workers to accept pay deal for Olympics run Offer forged by union with bus companies and Acas could head off threat of bus strike at end of July
- Remember the trolleybuses? This man wants to bring them back to...Derby’s population is likely to increase by a third in the next 30 years. But retired Derby town planner Bryan Moore has come up with a radical solution to make sure the city does not end up grid-locked – bringing back trolley buses. Robin Johnson reports.
London Evening Standard
- London bus staff made confidential offer to avert further strikesBus staff in London have been made an offer for working during the Olympics in a bid to avert the threat of further strikes.
Yorkshire Evening Post
- Safety fears over proposals to lift Leeds bus lane taxi banPlans to allow taxis to use bus lanes in Leeds have sparked safety concerns among cyclists and councillors.
- Tuesday, 10 July 2012
- Monday, 09 July 2012
- Sunday, 08 July 2012
- Saturday, 07 July 2012
- Friday, 06 July 2012
- Thursday, 05 July 2012
Conferences & Expo's
- BCN Rail - 1-19 November 2015 - Barcelona
- Bus World - 16-21 Oct 2015 - Belgium
- Eurasia Rail - 3-5 March 2016 - Instanbul
- European Rail Summit - 9-10 November 2015 - Brussels
- Go Smart Go Rail - 28-30 October 2015 - Munich
- Innorail 2015 - 14-16 October 2015 - Budapest
- Innotrans - 20-23 September 2016 - Berlin
- Institution of Railway Signal Engineers ASPECT - 15-16 September 2015
- IT Trans - 1-3 March 2016 - Germany
- Rail Industry Forum - 17 September 2015 - London
- Rail Vehicle Enhancements 2015 - 8 October - Derby
- RailPower - 26-27 May 2016 - London
- Real Time Passenger Information - 24 November 2015 - London
- Safe Rail - 22-23 March 2015 - Washington DC
- Smart Eurasia - 26-27 January 2015 - Istanbul
- Smart Metro - 3-5 November 2015 - Copenhagen
- Smart Rail Asia - 26-27 November 2015 - Bangkok
- Smart Rail Europe - 4-5 May 2016 - Amsterdam
- Smart Rail USA - 28-29 October 2015 - Charlotte, USA
- Transrail - 14-15 October 2015 - Paris
- UITP Trolleybus Workshop - 1-2 October 2015 - Turkey
- Urban Transport - 21-23 June 2016 - Crete
- Centro (West Midlands Passenger Transport Executive)
- Department for Transport
- European Commission (Transport)
- European Commission, Transport Research Knowledge Centre
- Greater London Authority - Transport
- Merseytravel (Merseyside Passenger Transport Executive)
- Metro (West Yorkshire Passenger Transport Exectutive)
- Nexus (Tyne & Wear Passenger Transport Executive)
- Passenger Transport Executive Group
- Plymouth Transport
- Scottish Regional Transport Partnerships
- South Yorkshire Passenger Transport Executive
- The Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (UK)
- The Chartered Institution of Highways & Transportation (CIHT)
- The Scottish Government (Transport)
- Transport for Greater Manchester
- Transport for London
- Welsh Assembly Government (Transport)
- World Transport News in Russian
Bus and Coach
- Aviation Environment Federation
- Campaign for Better Transport
- Friends of The Earth
- Gatwick Area Conservation Campaign
- HACAN ClearSkies
- London City Airport Fight the Flights
- Save Our Buses
- Stop Stansted Expansion
Friends of TransportInfo
- ASLEF (Associated Society of Locomotive Engineers and Firemen)
- RMT (Rail, Maritime and Transport Union)
- TSSA (Transport Salaried Staffs' Association)
- ATOC (Association of Train Operating Companies)
- Freight on Rail
- Network Rail
- Rail Freight Group
- Railway Study Association