Monday, 24 November 2014
- Major London route shut by floodingA main road through Lewisham in south-east London closes for several hours after it was flooded.
- BA plane in second unplanned landingA London-bound British Airways plane makes a second unscheduled landing at Shannon Airport within three days.
- US oil imports from Opec at 30-year lowDomestic production stands at 9m b/d, its highest since the 1980s
- Maersk chief warns over lossmaking rivalsParlous state of container shipping concerns Sřren Skou
- DPD increases pressure on Royal MailRival to take on 22% more staff after winning lucrative parcels contracts
- Canals plan revived as answer to South-eastâ€™s water shortage Engineers have revived a 70-year-old plan to move water from the rain-soaked North to the drought-prone South East, saying it is the only long-term solution to the chronic water shortages faced by Britainâ€™s most densely populated region.
- 'Explosion' on train tracks at Charing Cross stationStation evacuated as fire breaks out under front carriage of train at central London station
- Victorian arches cleared as London Bridge station undergoes renovationVictorian arches cleared to make room for UK's biggest station concourse
- British Airways plane makes second unplanned landing in three daysThe plane was forced to stop twice at Shannon airport on the west coast of Ireland due to technical problems.
- West Midlands 'needs Transport for London' style regulator City council watchdog brands Birmingham's public transport a
- Jaguar Land Rover's classic collection goes on show at Heritage Motor Centre Warwickshire venue will plays host to 16 cars bought as part of Ł100m collection in the summer from Dr James Hull
Bradford Telegraph & Argus
- Taxi drivers dodge district's strict safety checks by exploiting legal loophole TAXI drivers are dodging the district's strict safety checks by exploiting a legal loophole.
London Evening Standard
- Charing Cross station evacuated as front carriage of train bursts into flames Charing Cross station was evacuated today due to a fire on a train.
Manchester Evening News
- Campaign to scrap tax on children's flights backed by Manchester Airport Currently, children pay the same level of Air Passenger Duty on their tickets as adults, despite youngsters being exempt from tax in other areas, like VAT on food and clothing
- New platform resurrects rail link between Northallerton and Dales A NEW railway platform was opened this weekend which has re-established a long-lost rail link between Northallerton and the Yorkshire Dales.
Other Regional Press
- 100 Hartlepool drivers fined every month by camera car â€“ making council ÂŁ100k a yearMORE than 100 Hartlepool drivers a month are being fined for inconsiderate motoring.
- Labour's Ed Balls pledges support for investment in rail lineAn incoming Labour government would honour any commitment to upgrade the main rail line from London to East Anglia, shadow chancellor Ed Balls told a conference in Suffolk at the weekend.
- Transport boss, Graham Newman, says claims that major roadworks are causing traffic mayhem in Ipswich are â€świldly exaggeratedâ€ťA highways chief has said claims that major roadworks in Ipswich are causing traffic chaos are “wildly exaggerated” – and things will improve.
- Trains to London from Ipswich and Colchester face 30 minute delays because of broken down freight serviceThere could be more misery for rail commuters this morning as trains run by Greater Anglia experience 30 minute delays.
- Design your own Jag... and lead Coventry MotoFestMotofest team up with car firm Jaguar Land Rover to create once-in-a-lifetime school competition
Other News Sources
- Backing for multi-million pound Essex railway line improvement plans A GOVERNMENT minister has said campaigners bidding for a further Ł476 million of investment in the London to Norwich line are helping to "shape the future of railways". Secretary of state for transport, Patrick McLoughlin, met with members of the Great Eastern Main Line (GEML) taskforce to discuss the group's Great Eastern Rail report.
- Better transport key to jobs growth, says North West Leicestershire MP Andrew Bridgen IMPROVING transport links is key to driving down unemployment in the East Midlands, an MP has said.
- Borders MP launches transport campaignLOCAL MP Michael Moore is asking Borderers to back a campaign for better transport infrastructure to link with the new railway.
City council watchdog brands Birmingham's public transport a
An incoming Labour government would honour any commitment to upgrade the main rail line from London to East Anglia, shadow chancellor Ed Balls told a conference in Suffolk at the weekend.
A GOVERNMENT minister has said campaigners bidding for a further Ł476 million of investment in the London to Norwich line are helping to "shape the future of railways". Secretary of state for transport, Patrick McLoughlin, met with members of the Great Eastern Main Line (GEML) taskforce to discuss the group's Great Eastern Rail report.
- Sunday, 23 November 2014
- Saturday, 22 November 2014
- Friday, 21 November 2014
- Thursday, 20 November 2014
- Wednesday, 19 November 2014
- Tuesday, 18 November 2014
Conferences & Expo's
- European Rail Congress - 11 Nov 2014 - London
- Developing the UK rail network - 4 Mar 2015 - London
- Good Practices for Tendering of Conventional Rail Services - 21/22 Oct 2014 - Turin
- ICE Engineering Underground Space 2015 - 18 Feb 2015 - London
- International Rail Freight Conference - 18-20 March 2015 - Prague
- International Rail Infrastructure and Technology Summit - 18-20 Feb 2015 - Barcelona
- Rail Experience - 12/13 Nov 2014 - Brussels
- Rail-Tech - 17-19 March 2015 - Netherlands
- Smart Rail - 19/20 May 2015 - Amsterdam
- Transport Asset Management 2014 - 25 Nov 2014 - London
- Britain Better Connected - Labour’s Transport Policy Review
- Centro (West Midlands Passenger Transport Executive)
- Department for Transport
- European Commission (Transport)
- European Commission, Transport Research Knowledge Centre
- Greater London Authority - Transport
- Merseytravel (Merseyside Passenger Transport Executive)
- Metro (West Yorkshire Passenger Transport Exectutive)
- Nexus (Tyne & Wear Passenger Transport Executive)
- Passenger Transport Executive Group
- Plymouth Transport
- Scottish Regional Transport Partnerships
- South Yorkshire Passenger Transport Executive
- The Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (UK)
- The Chartered Institution of Highways & Transportation (CIHT)
- The Scottish Government (Transport)
- Transport Debate 2011
- Transport for Greater Manchester
- Transport for London
- Welsh Assembly Government (Transport)
- World Transport News in Russian
Bus and Coach
- Aviation Environment Federation
- Campaign for Better Transport
- Fair Fares Now
- Friends of The Earth
- Gatwick Area Conservation Campaign
- Gatwick Can Be Quieter
- HACAN ClearSkies
- London City Airport Fight the Flights
- Save Our Buses
- Stop Stansted Expansion
Friends of TransportInfo
- ASLEF (Associated Society of Locomotive Engineers and Firemen)
- RMT (Rail, Maritime and Transport Union)
- TSSA (Transport Salaried Staffs' Association)
- ATOC (Association of Train Operating Companies)
- Freight on Rail
- Network Rail
- Rail Freight Group
- Railway Study Association
- British Ports Association
- Chamber of Shipping
- Sea and Water
- UKMPG (United Kingdom Major Ports Group)